The Mackenzie Applied Research Association (MARA) is a non-profit applied agriculture research and extension organization located in Fort Vermilion, Alberta. MARA serves producers in the Mackenzie County, the northernmost agriculture region in Canada. MARA serves both the organic and conventional agriculture community.
MARA is hiring a Summer Research Technician from May to August/ September 2019 (full-time hours).
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with
- basic farm equipment repair and maintenance
- research plot layout, establishment, maintenance & harvesting of field trials
- grounds keeping eg: mowing
- research data collection and data entry
- organization of field tours and extension events
This position requires extended periods outdoors.
- Practical knowledge of farm equipment such as combine harvesters, tractors is required.
- A strong interest in agriculture would be a definite asset.
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- The successful applicant must pass RCMP criminal background check
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and in a team environment
- Basic computer skills
Pay scale: $20–23 per hour (depending on experience) plus Vacation and Holiday Pay.
MARA welcomes all qualified applicants to apply. Returning post-secondary students and qualified grade 12 students who will start post-secondary in 2019 are encouraged to apply. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the Manager by April 15, 2019. Resumes can be submitted in person at MARA’s Fort Vermilion office.